Hardware Security for Mobile Payments
- Scalable solutions built to handle the rapidly growing mobile communications market
- Hardware-based encryption for mobile devices and peripherals
- Wide-ranging applications for retail and peer-to-peer transactions
- PCI-compliant solutions for Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) of cardholder data
- Versatile, extensible applications for direct integration in manufacturing environments
Mobile Device Manufacturers> Learn More
Mobile Magnetic Stripe Readers> Learn More
Payment Processors> Learn More
Mobile Device Manufacturers
Manufacturers of smartphones, tablets, and other portable electronic devices are tasked with creating the central platform for both transmitting and acquiring mobile payments, as well as securing sensitive data and e-mail. With today's technology, an individual is capable of completing entire payment transactions, creating secure documents and files, and managing business processes across the enterprise using a single, hand-held device. Using Futurex technology, manufacturers can validate the authenticity of individual devices on a global scale from a single, centralized location.
What We Know:
• The number of mobile devices on the market is dramatically increasing.
• Global acceptance of mobile-based payments is growing.
• The need for secure authentication of mobile devices is at an all-time high.
• Continuous manufacturing uptime and throughput scalability is critical.
Digitally signing, authenticating, and issuing encryption keys to all mobile devices at the point of manufacture allows control to be maintained throughout the lifecycle of the device. Establishing a trusted, PKI-based connection between all relevant service and functionality providers is critical. Third-party organizations responsible for processing transactions, providing hardware peripherals, or developing software-based applications may be authenticated using the same techniques, ensuring that hardware-based security is maintained from the point of manufacture.Business Security Applications:
- • Manage authentication of individual electronic devices
- • Maintain centralized control over device issuance and revocation
- • Integrate PKI-based authentication into the device manufacturing process
- • Validate acceptance and issuance of payment transactions
- • PAN encryption to protect cardholder data
Solutions for device manufacturers:
Securing Mobile Magnetic Stripe Readers
Securing sensitive cardholder data begins with protecting the data at the point of capture. Mobile payment add-on devices are capable of dramatically increasing the functionality of smartphones and other portable electronic devices by allowing them to accept payments. Using Futurex's proven technology, manufacturers of these peripherals can implement a customized Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) solution.
The Demands for Data Security:
• Encryption at the point of capture
• Protection of data in transit
• Auditable tracking methods
Individuals and small merchants who previously could only accept cash may now accept card-based payments and utilize the infrastructure typically only available to larger merchants with dedicated point of sale terminals. Many of these magnetic stripe readers connect via the mobile device audio port and use a downloadable software application to process and interpret the captured data.
• Increase security and customer confidence
• Reduce the scope of PCI DSS audit requirements
• Enable versatile payment acceptance methods
• PAN encryption to protect cardholder data
Solutions for mobile magnetic stripe readers:
Security for Payment Processors
As more and more mobile payment devices support encryption of sensitive cardholder data, payment processors will need to install hardware security modules (HSM) to decrypt this data. Futurex is leading the way by providing support for the emerging standard encryption formats being used in the mobile payments industry. Payment processors worldwide are already taking advantage of this technology to enhance data security for their customers and reduce the costs associated with regulatory compliance audits.